Place Category: Schools
The Administration Center, located at 613 East Grand Ave., serves as the main office for the district’s activities. The Ponca City Public School District is located in the north central part of the state and is comprised of one pre-kindergarten center, seven elementary schools (kindergarten through 5th), one middle school (7th graders & 6th graders), one middle school (8th graders), and one Senior High School (9-12) Alternative education students grades 9 -12 are served by Wildcat Academy. Serving a population of over 5000 students, Ponca City Schools has an operating budget of $33.7 million dollars. Ponca City Schools is wholeheartedly supported by the community it serves by forming business partnerships and participating in our many volunteer and/or mentoring programs. For further information, you may contact us at Ponca City Public Schools, 613 East Grand Ave., Ponca City, OK 74601. You can also reach us by phone at 580-767-8000 or by email.
Our mission is to ensure that all students are prepared to live and work successfully in a global society.
- All students will learn a rigorous content-based curriculum within a 21st century framework of collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity;
- All students entering Ponca City Public Schools will leave only by transfer or graduation;
- A continuing commitment to excellence in our extracurricular programs will be maintained;
- Parents’ input and participation in their own child’s education is actively sought and encouraged by the school;
- A high level of retention of trained and dedicated employees will be sustained;
- Effective teaching practices will be used by all teachers to ensure student learning;
- The district will provide and sustain a technology enriched environment that is necessary to support student learning within a 21st Century framework; and
- There will be a commitment to excellence through ongoing capital improvement.
Superintendent of Schools