Each year Main Street hosts an awards banquet to honor those businesses and individuals who have helped make vast improvements in our downtown.
The following are the competitive categories.
• Best Interior Design recognizes a business or property owner who has made vast improvements to the inside of their building. The physical design of these projects enhances our commercial district as a whole and shows great commitment and care on behalf of the property owners.
• The Best Façade Improvement award recognizes a business or property owner who has made improvements to their building while honoring the historic character of the property.
• Best Window Display recognizes a business that goes above and beyond throughout each season to keep their window displays looking eye-catching and current. Beautifully decorated windows are an important part of making Grand Avenue more attractive.
• The award for Best Signage recognizes a downtown business whose improvement to their property through signage and branding has effectively marketed their business and also made the downtown district more visually appealing.
• The New Business of the Year recognizes a new business downtown that has had a significant positive impact on the district and the community at large.
• Business of the Year is given to recognize a business with a proven success record that is filling a need in our downtown district.
• A new award added this year is the 5 Under 40 Award. The 5 Under 40 Award recognizes young leaders from the Ponca City area who demonstrate significant contributions to the community through their role in their business, community involvement, volunteer work, leadership ability, advocacy and influence. This year’s award winners will be the feature story in the October edition of the Ponca City Monthly magazine.
There are also non-competitive awards.
• Board Member of the Year award recognizes an individual that has made exceptional commitments of time and energy to revitalization of downtown. This person has demonstrated leadership and exemplary service in the Main Street organization.
• The Volunteer of the Year award is given each year to recognize a volunteer who consistently goes above and beyond what is asked of them, takes on difficult and often time-consuming tasks, and does so with a heart for service and a love for Ponca City Main Street.
• The Main Street Hero award recognizes someone whose contribution to the Main Street program has made a special impact on the future and livelihood of the program. A hero is someone who gives back without thinking of themselves.
• The Premier Partner award recognizes a business or organization whose support has been instrumental in the success of the program and the downtown community in the past year. This award is being given to a business that has consistently supported Ponca City Main Street in multiple community endeavors.
• New this year is the Best COVID Comeback award. This award recognizes one of the downtown businesses who has thrived despite business closures during the pandemic.
Also being awarded during the virtual banquet is The Ponca City Art Association’s “Artist Award of Excellence” is given to honor an artist’s exemplary work, and to show the organization’s gratitude for artist contribution and devotion to the continuance of the PCAA. This is the inaugural year for this award.