Ponca City, OK
Sunny
Sunny
58°F

Edna Mae Barton Olsen

Edna Mae Barton Olsen

Edna Mae Barton Olsen

Edna Mae Barton Olsen passed away on Sept. 21, 2018 at Pawhuska Hospital.

She was born on Dec. 3, 1923 in Foraker, Oklahoma, the third of four children born to Ralph and Leora Barton and graduated from Foraker High School. Upon graduation, she attended Oklahoma State University where she was a member of Pi Beta Phi sorority. On September 6, 1942, she married J.W. (Bill) Olsen. The moved to the Olsen family ranch near Hardy, Oklahoma, and there they raised three children, Nan, Diane and J.B. She was a loving mother and an exceptional cook and homemaker. Remodeling and decorating projects occupied any spare time she had. She dearly loved her family and extended family.

In 1966 after she and Bill divorced, Edna Mae moved to California and worked for Merle Norman Cosmetics. She quickly made a name for herself within the Merle Norman company at the corporate level. She trained new Merle Norman consultants and also traveled extensively to open new studios across the U.S. In 1976, she moved to Pawhuska to be near her family and grandchildren. She and her daughter, Nan, owned a ladies’ clothing store and Merle Norman studio there in Pawhuska for many years. During her retirement she loved spending time with her children and grandchildren, and she also enjoyed going to estate sales, refinishing furniture and doing remodeling and home decorating projects.

She was preceded in death by her parents, Ralph and Leora Barton, her sister Dorothy Lee Hamilton, her brothers Royal and Jay Barton, her daughter, Nan Olsen Drummond, and her grandson, Todd Olsen Drummond. She is survived by her daughter, Diane Shafer, son-in-law, Richard Shafer, son J.B. Olsen, son-in-law Chuck Drummond, grandchildren Tim Drummond, Ladd Drummond, Nanci Shafer Cronk, Beth Shafer Patrick, Jennifer Olsen Worley, and Jake Olsen; as well as 13 great-grandchildren and numerous beloved nieces, nephews and extended family members.

Edna Mae has been cremated as per her request. Her Celebration of Life Memorial service will be held on Sept. 29, 2018, 2 p.m., at the Presbyterian Disciples Church, Pawhuska. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in her name to Wounded Warrior Project, PO Box 758517, Topeka, Kan. 66675-8517, or the charity of your choice.

Arrangements are under direction of Kendrick McCartney Johnson Funeral Home

paid obituary

37 responses to “Edna Mae Barton Olsen”

1. Jody Alexander says:

God Bless Edna Mae and all of the Drummond family. Her legacy lives on in your blessed lives and all of the blessings you extend to others through your generosity

• Susan Braddy says:

So very sorry to hear of the sad news of the wonderful Edna Mae especially after the recent loss of her daughter Nan. Much treasured ladies and great loss to you all. Thinking of you all of course.

2. Karen Winterburn says:

Sincere condolences on your sad loss. What a wonderful life she lives and her legacy continues with those remaining. x

3. Edna Hill says:

So Very sorry for your loss She was always so beautiful on the Pioneeer Woman and so soon after loosing Nan but remember the good times GOD BLESS

4. Kerri kymantas says:

Thinking of you all.

5. Alison Heath says:

I am so sorry for your loss, especially after Nan. My thoughts and prayers are with you. RIP Edna Mad.

6. cheryl hiott says:

im so sorry for your loss,i snd my prayers to the family …

7. Barbara kheiralla says:

My condolences always very difficult in times like these. Especially when they are so close to one another. I’m sorry. ❤️❤️❤️

8. Tywana R Houston says:

I am so sorry for your loss I’m praying for you and your family

9. laurene ford says:

sorry for their loss RIP

10. Ann P. Patch says:

Sending my condolences> Know that she will be missed. Have heard Ree speak ofher so lovingly (on her TV program).

11. Barbara Richardson says:

To the Drummond family. Please accept my sencere condolences for the loss of Edna Mae. My prayers go out to each of you

• Pamela Maxwell says:

My heart goes out to the Drummond Family, The Lord has Taken 2 more Angels with him.

Remember all the Blessings and memories that you have and hold dear in your heart that you will all be together again.

May God keep you close

Pamela Maxwell

12. Susan Frisbie says:

So sorry for another terrible loss for your family, in such a short time.
    Thinking of you all.

13. My sincere and heartfelt condolences to the Drummond family and extended family.I live far away in South Africa but through the TV I had heard and seen this gracious lady.May she rest in peace.

14. So sorry for another terrible loss in your family in sure a short time.Sending condolences to the Drummond family.May she rest in peace.

15. Jane Curry says:

Our condolences to all of the Drummond family. Please accept our heartfelt thoughts and prayers during your time of sorrow.

16. Theresa Martinez says:

I am such a pioneer womans fan and I am so sorry for the family’s loss. May God Bless them in this time of sorrow give them strength to endure this sad time. Celebrate her life and cherish all the memories she left to her her family you have her with you all the time.Take Care and God Bless your family. 😚🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏❤❤❤❤💕❣💞

17. Theresa Martinez says:

18. Theresa Martinez says:

19. Michelle Maess says:

Very sorry for your recent loss Drummond family.

20. Debbie causey says:

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to the Drummond family.I have heard Ree talk about her on her show.praying for each of her family members 🙏🙏🙏

21. Sherry Hutt says:

God bless you all. I am saddened to hear the passing of Edna Mae. She was a sweetheart and was loved so much and will be missed. My heart goes out to you and your family. Y’all are in my thoughts and prayers

22. Sandra Earle says:

So sorry for your loss. My condolences to the Drummond family and extended family. God be with you all at this very difficult time.

23. Shelley Downey says:

Prayers of peace and comfort for the family with love a sister Pi Phi from Michigan Alpha Chapter.

24. Tonia Owens says:

Edna Mae and Nan are probably redecorating heaven! They will live on here in the hearts of many: family and strangers. Love and prayers.

25. Peggy Hedrick says:

Sorry to hear about Edna Mae,she was a lovely lady and is going to be missed.She was so pretty.

26. Patricia A. Collier says:

So very sorry for your loss of such a sweet and beautiful lady…many prayers sent your way….

27. Glenda Collins says:

God bless Ms Edna Mae and all the Drummond family. May she rest in peace and may all the family hold the beautiful treasure of memory in their hearts.

28. Ann Church says:

So sorry for your loss. God ‘s blessing on all.

29. Desiree Nette says:

Prayers for the family. Sending my sincere condolences. Heart breaking to lose loved ones. She was a joy to meet and watch on national television. May God bless!

30. I feel like Edna Mae was a part of my family through the years of Pioneer Woman. She will be missed by all.
    Condolences to the Drummond family. May she RIP in watch over your cattle from heaven.

31. Donna Mathis says:

So sorry for your loss. This is not an easy time for the family. God Blessings.

32. Barbara Johns says:

I’m so sorry for your loss. Edna Mae was a beautiful lady and a great roll model for us all. She will leave wonderful memories. God Bless the family. 💔

33. I’m sorry to hear of Edna Mae passing. She was a beautiful lady and will be missed by all. She is leaving wonderful memories to her family and friends. God Bless all.❤️

34. SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, EDNA MAE WAS SUCH A SWEET LADY. WE WILL MISS SEEING HER ON THE SHOW, BUT SHE LEFT US WITH MEMORIES (SWEET) R.I.P. MS. EDNA MAE. GOD MUST HAVE NEEDED ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL ANGEL.

35. samantha Sanasi says:

I am so sorry for your loss and condolences to the family and me and my mother watch you all the time and Nan was amazing with spending time with her Grandchildren and Edna Mae was a wonderful woman and you should be proud of spending every time you have with your family

All all our best to Chuck

Lots of love Samantha And Patricia x